Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2014

A sleepytime miracle!




It may seem a little odd that I would be posting about sleep as that has been the subject of several posts - I know I should move on to another topic!! BUT, I have something to share and I promised a little someone that I would dedicate a post to him if our little experiment worked so here's the story!

My youngest son, Braedon, struggled to sleep through the night for many years and when we started using oils a little over a year ago, the change in his sleep patterns were what first convinced me that essential oils were AMAZING! He went from waking up 2-4 times a night (he was 4 1/2 at the time!) to waking up once a night. That then changed to sleeping through the night without waking almost every night. The transformation was incredible and not only did our sweet little guy start getting the sleep he needed, his very exhausted parents got to enjoy full nights of sleep as well!



A few weeks ago, Braedon came down with a sore throat which we took care of pretty rapidly with the use of a variety of oils over the course of a couple days. However, he continued to wake up each night complaining of a dry throat or a bad dream or being too hot or too cold - I think what happened is that he had woken up a couple times with a truly sore throat and then on subsequent nights he would wake up and decide there must be something he needed to come and wake me up for (he's my little hypochondriac!). He got into the pattern of waking up and he couldn't break it for whatever reason. I was getting very tired of getting up with him every night! I tried to bribe him with chocolate chips if he slept through the night, a toy if he slept 5 nights in a row etc - nothing was working. So last night I told him we were going to do an experiment. I lathered that sweet kiddo with every sleep oil I have as well as a couple other oils to deal with various ailments he has been complaining about (tummy ache, congestion, sore throat, overall "I don't feel good" when he wakes up.




Hallelujah!! That little boy slept through the night like a log - not a peep out of him until 6:45 this morning!! Our experiment was a success!!









Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and cannot diagnose, cure or treat any illness or malady.


No comments:

Post a Comment