Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Thankful...

I've been thinking a lot lately about my attitude and my mood. I find myself so frequently allowing circumstances to govern the way I allow my emotions to play out. I allow misbehavior of my kids to determine how my day goes. I blame my frazzled feelings on my list of to-dos. I get annoyed when I'm tired and my kids want more attention...after I have spent hours with them doing school. I succumb to grumpiness when my day just isn't going as planned. I complain....continually..about the cold weather and how much I hate it.  And the thing is, I don't even realize it most of the time. Over the past week I have intentionally focused on being thankful...on not allowing circumstances to be my excuse for my crabbyness...on all I have to be thankful for. It's made a big difference. We had the best week of school we have had in a while. We enjoyed some great family time playing games, sledding in the piles of snow outside, reading stories together. I have daily put my struggles into the hands of the one who is truly in control. When I think about all I have to be thankful for and I allow myself to focus on those things, there is no room for grumpiness, or complaining, or worrying. It hasn't been a perfect week...don't get me wrong! I have still had my moments...but it's been a big improvement. God is good and I am so thankful for all he has blessed me with. Praying this week will be even better!

"I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me." Psalm 13:6

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Gratitude is the gateway to great blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! I'm extra thankful I was brought up in a home that gave me such a great example to follow!

    ReplyDelete